This plasma source is specialized for low-temperature process, for example for a plastic substrate/film. By plasma assisted deposition lowering temperature increase of substrate, it can improve film quality of vacuum deposited film. And also it can be used for plasma treatment such as cleaning, property modification.
- Can form oxide films of high film density, high refractive index in a low-temperature process.
- In addition to ionization and reactive deposition, it has effect of ion-assistance.
- Furthermore, some materials can be expected Activated Reactive Evaporation effect.
- Selectable from CPPS mode, for low-temperature process, and normal plasma mode
- Retrofit to an existing vacuum chamber is possible.
Example of Optical Thin-film Coating
Temperature rise of a substrate: from 20°C (68°F) to 63°C (145°F)
（including 10 minutes plasma pretreatmet)
Discharging plasma source and ionized evaporation material above a EB source crucible
- Maximum plasma output ： 3.2kW (160V, 20A)
- Maximum assisted output ： 2kW (200V, 10A)
- Operating pressure ： 8×10-3 to 8×10-2Pa (Ar, O2, N2 atmosphere)
- Discharge gas (Ar) ： 8 to 20mL/min
- Cooling water ： 5 to 8 L/min
- Applicable control power supply ： BS-92040CPPC