The Dry SD100GV Detector is a next-generation Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) EDS that collects X-rays from S/TEM samples at an unprecedented large solid angle of up to 0.98 steradians from a detection area of 100mm2.
Through efficient collection of X-rays at very high count rates, the Dry SD100GV Detector speeds elemental mapping and improves element detection sensitivity without loss of energy resolution. Large pixel number EDS maps can be made at rates ten times faster than with the previous EDS designs, with excellent signal-to-noise ratio. Combined with the large probe currents in small probe sizes attainable with aberration corrected STEM, fast, efficient atomic resolution EDS analysis is possible.
- High sensitivity, high throughput analysis
- Exponentially expands the elemental mapping capability for the JEOL 200kV and higher nano-area analysis TEM.
- The automatically retractable side entry design allows fast repositioning to avoid irradiation from back-scattered electrons.
- Solid angle
- High resolution polepiece 0.98 sr
- Ultrahigh resolution polepiece 0.8 sr
- Detection area 100mm2
See Application Images.
See live-time DRAM map analysis using Centurio mounted on JEOL JEM-ARM200F.