The JXA-8230, the fifth generation of SuperProbes, is a high resolution, highly stable WD/ED Combined Electron Probe Microanalyzer (EPMA) with a new PC-based operating environment for easy data acquisition and analysis.
The combination of up to 5 wavelength dispersive X-ray spectrometers (WDS) and a newly developed energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDS) analyzer featuring spectral imaging assures the most efficient and accurate analysis of data. The WD/ED combined system can simultaneously analyze up to 5 WDS elements and all EDS elements. The backscattered electron image, provided by a highly sensitive solid state detector, the secondary electron image, and optional cathodoluminescence image can all be displayed and viewed at the same time.
The new JXA-8230 WD/ED combined microanalyzer provides for:
- new large crystal spectrometers for higher detection sensitivity for trace elements and increased count rate without sacrificing energy resolution and P/B ratio
- new PC automation for easy operation
- EDS spectral imaging
- Optional fan free SDD x-ray detectors for high thru-put
- higher accuracy of quantitative analysis
- higher resolving power (resolution) for adjacent X-rays
- higher accuracy of quantitative analysis for light elements
The automated stage can handle samples up to 100mm square x 50mm tall through the airlock.